25 November 2007

Christmas Cards


Last month my upline challenged our group to make a Christmas card using a non-Christmas stamp set. This got me looking at my stamps in a different light! You do not have to have the traditional Christmas images to make your cards, but don't let that stop you buying some if you want to!
This isn't the card I made for the challenge, this is one I did for a workshop yesterday. The colours are Christmassy but the stamps could be used for any occasion.
I used the Print pattern with Green Galore ink and stamped it off three times onto scrap paper before stamping onto the Whisper White cardstock. This gave a very subtle background which you can just see. Using the Petal Prints stamp set, I stamped the leaves from Petal Prints and Green Galore ink randomly a couple of times. Then, using the Real Red ink and the solid flower image from the same set, I stamped off once onto scrap paper and then onto the Whisper White, and then used the line flower image and over stamped with Real Red ink. This gives the flower a bit of dimension. I layered all of this onto Green Galore and Real Red cardstock. Adding a little Dazzling Diamonds to the centre of the flowers just finished it off but it doesn't show up very well in the scan.
This card was quick and easy to make, a good one if you have heaps to make! I might have a go with a Christmas set and non-traditional colours next time! Wonder what I can come up with?

No comments: